Terms & Conditions
Our terms of service do not contradict with any governmental law. None of our sales agents nor representatives can amend our terms and conditions. Unless we offer our consent in writing, we thus will not be held liable for any amendment. In accepting our terms and conditions, you thereby confirm that all your information is correct and up-to-date.
Accessing our Website:
We permit access to our site temporarily and reserve the right to withdraw or amend our services any time and for any reason without having to notify you prior. We will not be liable if the website is out of service. You may update your account information anytime you wish.
Intellectual Property Rights:
By using this website, you therefore agree to abide by all our intellectual property rights. Hence, you may not post any data not yours, nor extract any information belonging to us.
Products and Services Brief:
Each product’s description can be found on Opticalmart website. Our main priority is to make sure that you receive the same product displayed on this website. Although there may be minor differences to the description and/or specification of the goods due to the changes made during order processing. So, we always keep our products’ information online updated with its’ latest developments. When placing an order, you must provide us with your prescription. This prescription should be issued by a registered medical practitioner or a registered ophthalmic optician after conducting an eye-sight test on you. Also, it shouldn’t be more than 2 years old. Moreover, we may guide you in measuring your pupillary distance, however, we suggest your optician to measure it for you. In addition, those customers shouldn’t be considered blind nor partially sighted. We will not be held responsible for any incorrect information the customer provides us with.
Our aim is to ensure your safety and well-being in completing your order. By placing an order, you confirm that:
- You are not considered blind or partially sighted.
- You have a valid eyeglass prescription. For elderly people aged 70 years or over, an eyeglass prescription shouldn’t exceed 12 months from date of prescription or else they are required to renew it.
- Your prescription is accurate and supported with any comments on it if any.
- In case you don’t provide your Pupillary Distance, your optician confirmed the effects of using the default PD measurement instead.
- We use the default PD measurement for lenses in case of its non-availability in prescription.
Placing an Order:
Just browse our store and add the items you like into the shopping cart. After that, click ‘Checkout’. You will then be asked for a bit of information to finalize your order. The receipt confirming your purchase will be sent to you by e-mail. Your order will only be accepted once payment has been processed and your order has been reviewed and authorized by our customer service team. If the prescription you enter in the order form is not clear enough, then your order might quite possibly be rejected.
Price and Payment:
The prices stated are in US Dollar. Online payments are secure. We accept Visa, MasterCard credit cards. Payments by credit card are to be authorized by the credit card issuer. Customers have the choice to pay through PayPal. An import VAT imposed by your local government on your product will not be refunded by us. We offer vouchers on certain products. They are of no value and cannot be exchanged for cash. They are valid for 2 years from the date they are issued.
Cancellation of Order:
Orders may only be cancelled within four hours of placing them. A full refund will be issued if the order gets cancelled. If you’ve gone past six hours and still want to return the product, then we would have to refer you to our return policy.
Orders are dispatched within 3 to 5 working days based on order type from the date of order and payment confirmation. We are privileged to use the renowned shipping agents for your valued pack delivery. We value the importance of continuous communication with our customers and will keep you updated your order and its dispatch status via e-mail followed with regular order status e-mails to inform you as to when you are expected to receive the product. The delivery will be sent to the address you mention on the order form. We will also keep you notified in case of any delay beyond our control. However, we will not bear any responsibility for any delay from the logistic carrier due to certain government inspections, which in turn unfortunately, might cause a bit of a delay in delivery.
Take a good look at your product once you receive it. If it’s damaged or has a prescription that doesn’t match yours, contact us immediately so we can change it for you. Once you take the product, we will not be held responsible for any damages thereafter. Unless inflicted by us, customers will be liable for any damages inflicted on the product during the delivery process. In addition, the cost of returning the product will be paid by the customer.
The content in this website is of an “As is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Opticalmart disclaims all representations and warranties, whether expressed or implied, in respect of the content herein, provided or owned by us, or a third party, including but not limited to, merchantability warranties, non-infringement and freedom from computer viruses. Further, Opticalmart does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Limitation of Liability:
To the maximum degree permitted by law, Opticalmart, its’ officers, directors, employees and agents won’t be responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result from:
- Any errors, mistakes or inaccuracies in the content of this website.
- Any unauthorized access or use of this site or it's secure servers and/or any personal information and/or any financial information stored herein.
- Any cessation or interruption transmitting data to or from the website.
- Any bugs, viruses, trojan horses or the like, transmitted to or through this website by any third party.
- Any omissions in the content herein.
- Using or relying on our website’s content, whether it was based on tort, strict liability, breach of contract, breach of warranty or any other legal theory.
You solemnly agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and third-party partners harmless from and against any losses, expenses, damages or costs, including attorney fees that result from:
- Your use of this site, including but not limited to, any content you’ve submitted or transmitted through it.
- Your use of any password created by or for you.
- Violating other terms and rules that apply to our website.
- Violating the rights of other people or other entities.
- Violating any applicable laws, rules or obligations.